Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Viva Vegas

The surprise was a trip to Vegas!! I had NO CLUE until Robb showed me the airline ticket once we were at the terminal (actually at the security check point). I have lots of photos to post, just no time lately. We stayed at "The Signature" at MGM, which was so nice and being a Thursday was a GREAT deal. We ate at MGM's Japanese restaurant (forgot the name), but we had a 6 course meal. Then we went to my birthday surprise...dum dum dum, envelope please!! TOM JONES concert :) Aren't I a lucky lady??? A husband who listens and knows I just adore Tom's music!! As you can tell by the music playing on my blog currently. I have seen Tom once before here in Az with my Aunt Laureen (maybe 1998 or 1999?) and have ever since wanted to see him in Las Vegas.

So his show was at MGM and it's in the Hollywood Theater. It's lounge style, so we sat 3 rows from the stage. And boy we got to see him really close!! He sounds just as good in person then any cd. Boy he has some great vocals!! And yes, 2 pairs of ladies "under garments" were thrown on stage at him (one lacy and one cotton looking). He just ignored it. So it must happen at every show.

Everything was just so fun and Robb was such a great date!! I think I'll keep him, ha ha!!! Happy Birthday to me...on my actual birthday!! What a guy..... how do I top this for his birthday??????

Photos to follow..............

xoxoxo Shawna