Thursday, February 21, 2008

The Accidental Tourist

Ok, my post. After digging up old photos for my last post I noticed some photos were familiar looking. So I paired up a few and thought I should post this. So now is my story. The 1995 trip to London with my school's fine arts department was wonderful. You had to be asked to be on this trip. Every night it was full of theater and during the day was full of touring and lots of history!!! My kind of vacation!! I fell in love with London. I knew I'd be back. I was just was sad it was 10 years later. But funny it was exactly 10 years later. Not quite to the day, but about 6 weeks off.

So now it has become a new tradition (I already told Robb in 2005), no matter what, every 10 years we have to visit London in the Summer. Seriously, I am keeping this going until I can no longer board a plane. I love London. It is my favorite city in the world! I could just live and die there, no joke. I mean I will go between the 10 years if the chance arises for sure, but the "every 10 years" will happen even if I am rowing a boat across the Atlantic by myself singing Beatles songs all the way! So, here are photos that were taken in the same spot (almost) just 10 years apart. 1995 with my school and then 2005 with my hubby!

PS~ If you have not been to London, please go or else in 2015 you will be on my row boat with me! Hope you like "Here Comes The Sun".


Hard Rock Cafe- London
1995

2005



Buckingham Palace
1995

2005



Winged Victory Statue
1995

2005



Tower of London Bridge View from the Thames River Bank
1995 (standing 1 platform higher on the dock)

2005