Monday, February 25, 2008

U2 Rocks...seriously

Even though this song is from 1981 (October album), it is probably one of their best songs ever written (and the rarest to see them perform live in concert).....3 Bible verse references are included in this song: Colossians 2:9-10, Psalm 30:2 and James 5:7-9. Bono was ahead of his time!

"Gloria"

I try to sing this song
I, I try to stand up
But I can't find my feet
I try, I try to speak up
But only in you I'm complete

Glori, in te domine
Gloria, exultate
Gloria, gloria
Oh lord, loosen my lips

I try to sing this song
I, I try to get in
But I can't find the door
The door is open
You're standing there
You let me in

Gloria, in te domine
Gloria, exultate
Oh lord, if I have anything, anything at all
I give it to you
I give it to you

Gloria, in te domine
Gloria, gloria
Gloria, in te domine
Gloria, gloria

(Latin translation: glory in you God, exulted glory)