Today I made my 1st "real" art purchase. Real as in, not from a "store", but from an artist in a studio (signed and framed). The artist is my cousin. His name is Kenneth Richardson III and I bought a piece of art I have LOVED for awhile called, Iggysaurus. I'll post pictures later, Leah took some. We spent 3 hours at his gallery and studio today looking at all his phenominal work and talent...wow! So it is my first piece and I have my eye on 2 more pieces down there (all originals, not prints), plus I have a piece I wanted to comission him to do. His studio and work are amazing and I will defintely feature his infomation on the gallery shows on my blog monthly. They are open to everyone and anyone! The gallery is on Roosevelt. Here is his show in May (below). I'll be there!! Fun stuff.....I am sooooo proud to have "Kenny" (as we call him) in our family.....he is a real life artist who is following his dream and boy he sure did achieve everything and more!!!! Pictures of my "lessons in art" will be soon posted".
Your invite.....make a date night and join us for an evening of art!
