This is part 2 to my question asked below, on where is your special place :)
Ok, I have 2 places. Both beaches (does that say something about me?????) I can close my eyes right now and still feel every all my senses working to repaint the picture in my head of this place. Like a video. Funny how the brain can do this. Or shall I say, what a miraculous gift we are given to be able to have this type of memory!! So the 2 beaches I would love to spend the day at are...drum roll :)
**Beach # 1 is a beach in La Jolla. It is located between La Jolla Beach & Tennis Club and Black's Beach. This beach is not really of sand, it is BIG giant rocks that are pieces of the mountain that came to rest. Sitting on these rocks watching the ocean is so peaceful. You can sit on a rock and the water splashes up to the rock, but not on you. You are higher than the ocean. It smells like the ocean (a clean ocean) and sounds like seagulls.......I remember this rocky La Jolla beach like I went there yesterday and would love to go spend a day there tomorrow. One of those days where time stand still.
**Beach #2 is a beach in Hawaii, on the island of Oahu. This is a lay out, go swimming kind of beach. It is a beach I like to think in my head is a deserted beach, but it is not. It is off a highway and on the Eastern part of Oahu. I am sure it has a name. Gosh, I have no clue what it is called. Robb and I would go and spend our lazy weekend days in Hawaii on this beach (we lived in Honolulu, Hawaii). Away from the tourists and hustle of Waikiki. Little islands peeks out of the water in the close distance when we'd look out into the ocean from the beach. The beach never got anyone but us there at any time, and I remember looking at the clouds and watching them float by. I'd think to myself, to the clouds Hawaii probably looks like a little rock in this giant blue ocean it is floating over :) I can tell you the swimsuit Robb and I wore, the type of suntan lotion I used and thoughts that I was thinking laying there for hours on end....but I wont. Kinda boring and personal. I do have a good memory though :) A gift and a curse I guess.
Those are my 2 spots.........and I have other spots I love, but I go back to often, so those don't count. Lake Powell, Disneyland, Coronado all have special meaning and I love being there. But I go at least yearly or more...so it does not go with my whole "special place" thing I was shooting for :)
Maybe this Summer while in Encinitas I'll go back to this beach with my new Nikon...and in October go find this beach when we are on Hawaii. Take some photos to post :) OH, Robb's brother got engaged....so a wedding in Hawaii is our's plans for October! A month before Africa!!! Exciting 2008 travels huh????